Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday


What a day. Mia is 8 weeks old today, but not two months old (?), that won't happen till Dec 12th. They increased her feeds to 42 cc's every 3 hours, and she just can't keep up. She drinks as much as she can from a bottle, usually about 30 cc's, and they put the remainder in the tube down to her stomach. Their was a difference of opinion in her healthcare providers whether to continue to add volume to her milk feedings (doctor) or stay the same (nurse). The doctor won, so we are still at 42 cc's and I hope we stay the same, or possibly go back to the 30's. Mia is so tired from trying to eat. She is just exhausted after every feeding. It's official! today, she weighs 7 pounds.

Tonight, we went to a christmas dinner at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley. I would like to thank Giovanni, who with help, cooked for 200 people. (All of it was delicious!) and Hohn Cho, who used his mad blackberry skills to arrange a ride for us, and our newest friend, Miranda, who was so generous to give us a ride to the church and back. I imagine, this was a small picture of what heaven must be like. So many wonderful, friendly people that you don't know, but who share your same joy in Christ, and welcome you with open arms. I asked Lisa tonight, "Do you know how blessed we are?" It just boggles my mind. Mind Boggling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God.
I have been following along and inquiring frequently with Dave.

I am thrilled at the progress as my prayers continue.