Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday

Today was a hard day for me as a mom. I want to give my daughter what is the very best for her and yet I can't provide that. And so it is hard for me to watch her struggle with tolerating her feedings thinking, if only I could give her my milk. And yet she is a trooper and does the best she can with what she has. Her feedings have been going so so. We are trying to find the right combination of breast milk and formula. On top of that they have extra things she needs to get throughout the day, like vitamins & iron, which gets mixed in with her feedings and change the taste of the milk. So it has been a bit of a struggle these past two days. Nobody really knows the perfect answer at this point, it is more of a trial and error process. I was encouraged, though, by Galen's email and another email I received from a friend. And I have seen how far God has taken us on this journey, so I know that He has a perfect plan for Mia and her feedings. Thank you for praying, we are so encouraged by that.

Pray also for another little baby we've met in the NICU. Her name is Lupita. She had surgery for a PA Band (the same surgery Mia had), however the band wasn't working, so they changed plans midway through the surgery and put her on bypass to do the surgery she needed on her heart. Pray that it was successful and that she'll recover and do well.

No comments: