Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday - Happy 2 Months Mia!

Mia had quite a day on her 2 month birthday! At 11am I tried breastfeeding for the first time with her and she did quite well. Now some of you might not want all the details for breastfeeding, but what I will say is that she latched on very well for her first time. Mia also has officially caught up to me on my milk production and so she got formula for the first time today. It wasn't her favorite, but she did take the formula. So you can pray that I'll produce more milk and that in the mean time she'll handle formula ok.

Because Mia is 2 months old, we decided that today would be vaccination day. So she received 4 shots, or shall I say pokes, today. The first 2 she handled very well, but she didn't like the next 2. She did get some tylenol beforehand and continued to get some after to help her with the pain and to prevent any fever.

They also took out her PICC line today. It is a relatively painless process except for taking off the tape that was stuck to her head to keep it in place. Needless to say all of this made for a rather upsetting afternoon. As a result, she didn't feed too well at her 2pm feeding and her 5pm feeding. She's supposed to take 56 cc's, but she only took 40 cc's at both feedings. The thought is that the tylenol was making her a bit sleepy and the vaccinations didn't help. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be back to her normal self.

There is still talk of sending us home, however, it may not be until Friday or Saturday at the earliest. We continue to be patient and wait on God's timing for that.

1 comment:

Amy P. said...

Lisa- I finally figured out how to post a comment! I have been reading your blog and love hearing about Mia and seeing the pictures of her. I can't believe how much she's changed in such a short time. She is beautiful! I am so happy to hear of her growth and success with feedings and that you might be going home soon. I will be praying for God's timing and peace for everyone. We miss you.