Monday, March 31, 2008

How Great Is Our God!



















Today was a very tough day for me. It probably didn't help that Mia didn't sleep well and so I didn't sleep well. I am definitely against co-sleeping with your kids (aren't you scared you're gonna roll over them...), but Mia had to sleep with me last night because she just wouldn't sleep in her bassinet. As a result I didn't sleep well either because I didn't want to roll over her on accident!

We headed over to UCLA this morning to do another dye test. This time I knew better than to let them strap my child down before they were ready to go...so she only cried during the test. I want to say unfortunately, but I have to remind myself that God designed Mia this way and so a better choice of words would be to say that we found something else wrong with Mia. They weren't able to put a catheter in her vagina because she has a very small piece of skin fused across it. There is a tiny hole, but the catheter doesn't fit in there. The radiologist was not surprised and said that this is rather common and it just needs to be cut open, but she's not the person for that job. Needless to say, we weren't able to get any information that her intestinal doctor wanted and we are waiting to here back from him on what he wants to do next and when he wants to do it...so right now we are in a holding pattern for that. I kept asking myself, why God...why did you design her this way and being upset that she'll have to have another "procedure" when I realized that is the wrong attitude and I needed to ask God for forgiveness. He knows exactly why and I don't need to know the reasons necessarily. This is how He knit her in my womb and she is perfect.

We then headed to the ear, nose, throat doctor and got really good news. There doesn't appear to be any scarring at this point, but she wants to see her in 6-8 weeks just to be certain. In the mean time, we'll keep putting drops in her nose.

Then Mia was very happy to be heading home as she was done being poked...and definitely not "love pokes". She slept the whole ride home and we've been enjoying being back at home again. Thank you for continuing to pray for our little girl! We go down on Wednesday to see the craniofacial team and a quick check-up with her cardiologist. We'll keep you posted on what's happening there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your faith is inspiring. I'm so glad that Mia has healed well from the surgery. And I was thrilled to read the news of her long stretches of sleep last week. You deserve some rest!

Thinking of you,
Stacy