Friday, May 23, 2008


Baby Eagle Chick,

Daddy and I love you sooooooo much. You are doing so well that the doctors are thinking about letting us go home tomorrow (Saturday)...we know that nothing is ever official until it happens, but we are encouraged that you'll go home with us soon.

Today I got to stick a tube down your nose into your tummy. You were crying before I started and I was a bit nervous because I wanted it to end in your tummy and not your lungs or out your mouth. But I did it and the nurses said I did a really really really good job. And I realized it wasn't that hard and it makes me a lot more comfortable taking you home because I know I could put your tube back in if you pull it out at home.

The nurses told me that last night you were awake for quite awhile and I said, "oh no! She's mixing her days and nights!" So we hope that when you get home you'll sleep at night real well and be awake during the day.

The nurse and I worked on getting you to take a bottle today and you took a little bit (5 cc's), but you still aren't there yet. But it's ok because I'll work with you when you get home.

Daddy showed up tonight to see you and that made you so happy! We can't wait to take you home. After you finally fell asleep, we left the hospital and went to George and Lory's house. They had a bunch of friends over who hadn't heard your story. We started telling them about you and they asked to pray for us. It was such a neat time and it blessed us so much. Daddy said it was like a piece of heaven because it was believers coming together to praise God and give Him thanks for all He's done and continues to do. It made me think of everyone all over the world who continues to pray for you. We are grateful. We serve an amazing God.

We love you sweetheart,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Wow. You guys have had such an amazing journey over the past three weeks. I'm so happy that it looks like Mia will be coming home soon! We will continue to pray.