Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roll Over



Dearest Mia,

Today you were very unhappy. It wasn't your fault, the doctors didn't feed you anything for the second day in a row except pedialite. That made your mommy unhappy. Tomorrow they said. I say tomorrow never comes. Then your mommy poked me. So we hope and pray they start to feed you formula tomorrow. They turned down the "nose air" to 1 liter per hour, barely anything at all. Tomorrow (there's that word again!) they will turn it off and take that thing out of your nose. Yea!! AND, today, you were rolling from your side onto your back, and mommy said one time you rolled from your back to your side. Snooky great sweet pea! I'm so proud of you! I hope tomorrow is a better day.

We love you all of it, Mom and Dad.

3 comments:

SUMMERLEAH said...

Hi guys. I don't want to encourage Lisa to be ugly, but sometimes we need to find a balance of respecting the docs and nurses, and of speaking for Mia. Moms and Dads have an instinct that needs to be heard and respected by the docs too. Speak up for Mia when she needs it. But don't punish the nurses for the docs orders, or for frustration with "tomorrow" if tomorrow is truly the best plan. It can be scary to confront the pros, but it is sometimes needed. I love you guys and if you need an enforcer just give me a call...lol. I will kick butt and take names. Yeah right...I'd hide behind Brad and watch Lisa throw down!!! Go Momma Bear! God Bless!

SUMMERLEAH said...

P.S. I almost forgot. Hillary watched the Snooky Great video of Mia and I said how great she was tracking the toy. Understanding that Hillary has enough exp with kids to actually run my daycare, she said, "Duh she is 7 months old!" She forgot that the Docs said Mia may not be able to see. Well Hillary may not be a Doctor, heck she still sleeps with stuffed bunnies, but even she saw that Mia was WATCHING that toy. YOU GO GOD!!! Yeah and Mia too, but God gets the glory for that one. YOU GO MIA for rolling over! That was all you baby!!! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog everyday. I pray to god everything goes well and Mia can come home soon. God is great. Love you all. My lots of love to Mia.