Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sweet Pea We Love You!


Sweet Pea,

You had such a good day today. When Grandma Cheri and I got to the hospital to see you we were greeted by one of your nurse's from the NICU...she was going to be in charge of you. She told me that sometimes they float up to the Pediatric Floor and help out there. She thought you looked real good and was so impressed with how big you've gotten! She was the nurse in the NICU who did some baby massage on you and towards the end of the shift we bathed you and did baby massage with you...you really liked it.

Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy came to see you today and they were both very impressed with how well you are doing. They love all of the movement and were very encouraged with how you were tracking some of the objects we put in front of you. We worked a little bit on holding your head up...I am sorry to say it is weak again since you've been in bed for almost two weeks now! We'll have to work on strengthening that again. We also worked on stretching your left arm and your legs and they really liked the "tone" they were feeling when they stretched your muscles. And then we worked on the pacifier and sucking, but you just want to bite it...you aren't into sucking it yet.

I got to hold you a lot today and you gave me quite a few smiles. That made mommy very happy. Can you see me and do you know what your looking at? Sometimes you focus on me and I feel like you are really there...the same baby from before the surgery and then sometimes you just sort of fade out until I get your attention again. We will keep praying that you do know who we are and not fade out.

Grandma Cheri and I got a real treat when another NICU mom came to visit us, her name is Stacy. She got to see you baby girl and was real excited about how good you look! Her son Levi was in the NICU for awhile while we were there...he's doing real well also. Anyway, she brought us dinner to the hospital and that was so nice!! Her son Dylan was so kind to make us cookies and share them with us...I can't wait to make cookies with you sweet pea!

We love you sweet pea!!!

Mommy and Daddy


....


Please pray for Mia's pneumonia. It is still lingering and rather uncomfortable. They've been giving her asthma treatments to help with it, but pray that it will completely disappear.


Pray also for consistancy with reducing the amount of oxygen she is getting. There is a lack of communication in regards to this and it is rather frustrating. Pray that I'll be able to voice my concerns to the appropriate people and that it will get resolved.


And pray also for Mia's sucking ability. That will be the next big hurdle for her. I know it is possible, pray that I would have patience as we wait on God's timing.


I really want everyone to be encouraged, Mia is doing so well and each day we see improvement which we can only contribute to God and we want to remember that and give Him all the glory.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SOOO Awesome!! We are encouraged and we are confident that God is at work there. Keep standing firm in your faith . . . we serve a MIGHTY God.

Princess Mia, your boyfriend Jacob can't wait for you to come home and try some peas with him. Maybe if you ate some he would eat some, too!

Love, Aunt Amy

Lita Norsworthy said...

I love this picture of you, Mia, looking into your Mommy's face. I choose to believe that you not only see, but you know that is your Mommy holding you and smiling at you.:>) We were so blessed to see you so alert and smiling.
God is SO GOOD and capable to do exceeding and abundantly more than we could ever ask or think!
Mia you are so precious to us, as well as your Mommy and Daddy. We love you guys and are going boldly before the Lord on your behalf!!
Love, Lita and Galen

Anonymous said...

It is so great to see the improvement of Mia. My prayer is to keep you, the parents, strong and for Mia's healing. God is on His throne.

My granddaughter, Emily, really loves the pictures of Mia.

Blessings, Florence Bowser

Brad and Lisa said...

HB, That is a great picture! You are the best mommy ever! Love, Me

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the two of you with smiles on you faces. Praise God..We do have an MIGHTY GOD. He is so good,And he is with at all times.We'll pray for her to keep getting better and to go home with you soon.
Love Auntie Dar

SUMMERLEAH said...

I can't see that pic of Mia and not boo hoo a lil. She looks so alert...like she knows who she smiling at. Just though the blogs and pics I can truly see God's hand. I can't wait for Hillary to get home (though she may have already checked the blog) so she can see Mia's beautiful smile. She is remarkable and we love her so much. God Bless.