Monday, June 30, 2008

Today Mia had more therapy and it seems to be helping alot. She's real close to being able to sit up on her own. She still needs more arm strength to roll over, but we keep working on that also. We are so pleased with how well she continues to do.

She got weighed today also and is now 13 pounds 3 ounces. Slow and steady...makes me think of the turtle and the rabbit. We're just thankful that she keeps on growing!

We also tried carrots today for the first time...Mia was not excited at all about the orange things...as soon as I gave her a little her lower lip came out and closed up the mouth, she did not want that. We'll give it some more chances though.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Good for Mia! Sitting up is a big accomplishment.

Maybe she'll like sweet potatoes. I don't know if you make your own baby food or buy it, but I'll tell you that the homemade baked sweet potatoes are WAY better than the store bought ones. Micah loves the sweet potatoes - okay and I do too.

Unknown said...

HA! The lip curl! That's one of my favoritest things! (Not that I want them to be sad, but it's just o-so-cute!)

Great strides! Keep it up Mia!

Eliza said...

Oh and if you want me to make you some sweet potatoes for Mia to try, I'd be happy too. I'll probably be baking a batch next week and it would be easy for me do some for you guys. Let me know.

Eliza said...

Good! I'll give you a call when I have them done and I can bring them over! (But like I said...it will probably be next week)