Saturday, August 09, 2008

Mia continues to get bigger, she is now 13 pounds 15 ounces. Thank you God!! For the past 3 days we have been trying "peas" with not much success...I'll put some in her mouth and she'll push it right back out and then close her lips...pretty much the bottom lip covers the top lip...it's rather cute actually. So today I decided to try green beans and got the exact same reaction. You know we used to call her Bean before I delivered and we found out she was a girl...you'd think she'd like beans knowing that...but no, bottom lip out over the top lip. So I'm starting to think she doesn't really like the green vegetables...because this afternoon I tried squash with her and she loved it. Opened her mouth wide for more...so maybe she just likes orange vegetables...well, we won't give up on the green stuff, maybe I'll try a couple bites of orange and then one of green...we haven't ever mixed it up like that...hmm...I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've mixed the veggies (and fruit) together...maybe you could get her to eat it if you put just a little green in with the orange? And eventually increase the green if she is okay with it? I mix some crazy stuff together and Hudson doesn't seem to mind!

Eliza said...

I always mix in cereal to the veggies (and fruits actually). Maybe that would lesson the taste of them.

And I haven't forgotten about your sweet potatoes....I hopefully will be able to bring them on Monday - I'll have to put them in a cooler, but that should work. This is all pending on whether the sweet potatoes I got are actually any good.