Monday, August 18, 2008

Mia has made so much progress it is awesome. At physical therapy today we were told that she has met 3 of her 4 goals, so now we're going to make more. Those included being able to sit for 5-8 seconds, reaching out while sitting and bearing weight on her arms for 5-8 seconds. She's doing great and she keeps getting stronger. We serve such an awesome God, He continues to heal her!

After therapy Mia had a play date with her boyfriend Jacob. Jacob's mom had to take her other son to an appointment and I agreed to watch him because I thought it would be good for Mia to interact with another baby her age. Jacob was born about a week and a half after Mia was born, so they are so close in age. And he is a big boy, he's almost twice Mia's size, they'll make a cute couple someday...(as the mom's arrange the marriage between their children...) Anyway, my hats go off to any mom of twins because that's kind of what it felt like. Although at this age they can play by themselves for awhile so it's not like having twin babies. But at one point I needed to get Mia to sleep and then feed Jacob and I thought, oh no...but it was fine. Some of you are probably thinking, just put Mia in her crib...well, no, it doesn't work that way, we have an agreement, she let's me hold her until she falls asleep...we don't rock or sway, I just get to hold her and honestly, I love it...it goes against all baby books, but it's our special time and it only happens in the day...of course it makes it real difficult for me to leave her with others because it's just not the same...oh well, the price I pay. :) Anyway, Jacob was playing with Mia's toys and she was watching him intently and later in the day she was playing with the same toys in the way that Jacob was playing with them...monkey see, monkey do. And then this afternoon she just took off with the rolling thing, I can't remember if she saw Jacob on his tummy or not, but she just decided she was going to roll all over the living room...enjoy the videos!

Thanks for continuing to pray for our little girl, we know that God is at the center of everything happening here!



3 comments:

GinaE said...

Wow! and Wow! again! I praise the amazingness of our God! I am thinking I should try these moves -- maybe I would be better exercised! Gina Etherton

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mia, you're lookin' great! :)

Uncle Tim, Aunt Rachel and cousin Joy

Anonymous said...

YEAH! God is SO good. We are so grateful for all He has done.