Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sweet 16!

Mia has finally reached 16 pounds! Go Mia. I remember when she was stuck at 13 pounds for awhile and I thought is she ever going to get bigger and Brad had to keep telling me not to worry that she would get there and he's so right...she's getting there. She's almost too long for our scale now, I measured her the other day and she is real close to 29 inches...pretty soon we'll be switching car seats...I was hoping she might stay in her current seat til she's 20 pounds, but she'll be too long pretty soon.

Monday I have to take Mia to get her blood drawn in Bakersfield, so please pray for us. Pray that it would go quickly and easily...she's such a hard one to get blood from. This is pre-pre-op stuff. She needs this done before Friday because they are going to do a CT scan of her heart and they need to put her out for that, so they want to make sure her blood work is ok prior to that. They'll also be drawing blood on Friday, but I believe they'll be able to do it when she's under the anesthesia so that shouldn't be painful, but they will have to put an IV in her on Friday, so pray for that also. They'll also be doing a chest x-ray and an EKG on Friday, but those should be pretty painless.

Her helmet is fitting her really well, which is a blessing, so we'll just keep praying for head growth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Keep up the good work, everyone! :) We're praying for your week of testing and poking....

Anonymous said...

Hi My Sweet Muffin!
That's just a few more ounces of you to love : ) Hey, you are almost as tall as me . . . I guess that would be okay if you were taller than me it works for TomKat and Nicole and Keith.

Hugs & Kisses, Your Boyfriend Jacob