Friday, December 05, 2008

Hernia

Mommy discovered this morning that Mia has a very impressive hernia underneath her colostomy site. It's hard and very painful for Mia. This sheds some light on why she has been crying and restless at night, her tummy hurts! And we didn't know what the problem was because her colostomy bag was covering it up. Being a level headed father, I immediately freaked out. We called the pediatric surgeon at UCLA, and he said, "Is her skin red?" no. (We have an appointment at UCLA today for her surgery follow-up) "Well, then I'll take a look at her when you get here today." I was very relieved to hear that the surgeon wasn't nearly as panicked as I was. So, Grandpa Flash and Mommy are driving to UCLA as I write this. They are going to remove some surgery stitches and the GI surgeon is going to examine her hernia bulge. Would you lift Mia and her tummy up in prayer today? Thanks and God Bless! Brad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the hernia has been causing her pain. I'm glad it was discovered and can now hopefully be addressed! :) We love you guys!