Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mia continues to learn by leaps and bounds...at least I like to think they are. :) Every mom is biased of their own child.

A few weeks ago we started practicing new signs because we had already mastered "all done", "bye bye", and "thank you". So I started teaching her "Daddy", "Grandpa" and "Grandma/Nana" and "Mine". I hadn't really emphasized "Mine", but today I asked her to say "Mine" and she did it right away...and she's getting the hang of "Daddy", but hasn't quite mastered it yet. It's really neat to be able to see her learn new things. So, we started some more signs today, including "Cat", which is a bit trickier because you have to put your thumb and pointer finger together, but after I showed her a couple of times, she was trying to do that. You could almost see her brain working. :)

Then I was practicing body parts with her and I've been trying to teach her Eyes and Ears, but haven't had much luck...well, I asked her where my Glasses were, which she knew right away and then I asked her Eyes and she gently touched my Eye. I had to repeat just to be certain she knew, but she did! And then I told her Chin and showed her where it was and then we came back to that a little bit later and I asked her where my Chin was and she immediately pointed it.

She also knows where her "BeBo" is...that's your belly button, we have a book about it and she can show you the general area of her Bebo. :)

It's just so encouraging to watch her learn and grow, she's an amazing miracle and we are so grateful for all that God continues to do in her little life.

1 comment:

Aunt Goose & Uncle Jared said...

Wow! That's awesome! :) We love you so much, Mia!!!