Friday, July 31, 2009

Everything went great in LA today. Mia's bottom looks really good. The plan is to go back on Tuesday during her surgeon's office hours and he will show me how to stretch her at home. Pray that I would be able to do that because if not it will require lots more LA trips and anesthesia, which we don't want. Continue to pray for soft scar tissue also.

In this past week, we have been working on squats and pulling to stand, Mia's leg strength has increased substantially to the point that she is almost pulling to stand on her own. How exciting!!! Tonight I was practicing with her walking sideways with the couch (for the life of me I can't think of what they call it, maybe cruising using furniture)...anyway, she can do it on her own, but she is real wobbily, but she's never done that before, so I'm so excited about her progress!! Keep on praying for more leg strength! And Praise God that He has given her the ability to this, what a miracle!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I think the term for walking and using furniture to hold on to is "crusing". Either way, I'm super excited at her progress! Hurray!