Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Nursery

So, we finally decided we are ready to put Mia in the nursery at church. We don't have any surgeries for awhile and we are done with the exams under anesthesia, so it seems like she is ready to be around kids, she might get sick occassionally, but that's what happens when little kids are together.

So, we went to first service and stopped in to the "crawlers" group. Technically Mia is too old for the crawlers, but developmentally she's not ready for the "toddler" group since they are walking. The staff was ok with that, so we settled her in and then left. She was very happy to be playing in the nursery, they have cool toys and lots of barnyard animals, she loves the animals. They gave us a pager and said they would beep us if they had any problems. I was slightly teary eyed as we left because this is a big step for me, the mommy, I'm sure it's not such a big deal for Mia. Brad reassured me it was gonna be ok and off to church we went. I'd say we had been there only 10 minutes or so when our pager buzzed us, and off I went to find out what was wrong with my baby. Was she scared? Hurt? What could it be? Well not at all what I was expecting, she had just thrown up all over herself and on the floor, the nursery staff was frantic, does she have the flu? I tried to reassure them that she wasn't anywhere near sick when I dropped her off, but I'm not sure why she threw up. I felt horrible! Our first nursery experience! I guess it's one for the baby book. So, we will try again next week. :)

***update*** so, Mia is definitely not sick, she's been fine all day long, the only thing I can think of is that we fed her just before church and maybe her tummy was just a little too full. :(

5 comments:

T, R & J said...

Poor baby (and poor mama!).... I hope she's not sick and you have a better experience next week. :-) Love to you all!

Missions! said...

Brad! Lisa! What an adventure! Try again. She'll adjust:)

Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Do it again,maybe she was just having too much fun..
Auntie Dar

Elyce said...

What a stinker of a first nursery experience! I'm glad you have decided to try again. It definitely takes lots of getting used to on everyone's part. And a little barf is nothing every nursery staff member on the planet hasn't seen before, and it comes with the little kid territory, so don't sweat it!

Mommy Diffee said...

How exciting! And how not fun! I am sure next time will be better. But wow her first nursery trip, that is big!