Sunday, September 13, 2009

Black and Blue

Yup, you guessed it, Mia had her first major bump today. Nothing compared to heart surgery, but something we would rather of not had happen. The side of her face landed on our tile floor and she's got a black and blue mark between her eye and her ear. Not fun. It doesn't appear to hurt in the least though, she was more unhappy with me trying to put some ice on it so it wouldn't swell up.

Wearing the glasses is going fairly well. Does she keep them on? Yes, for the most part. Usually if she rubs her eyes and notices that they are there then she'll want to pull them off, but otherwise she just does her thing with glasses on. We think she looks very smart in them!

A week or so ago, her Grandma Cheri got Mia this Elmo piano book where it has a keyboard that goes along with some songs on each page. I wasn't paying super close attention to how it worked, but the other day I noticed that she was playing a song on the keyboard, Mary Had A Little Lamb, I was in shock! Not only do we have a potential chess star, but a piano star too! Then I realized that there were red lights on the keyboard that lit up to tell you which key to push, so I thought ok, she's getting some help, but still, she's pushing exactly the right keys and not missing one at all...I thought, she's still got tons of genius potential there...then I played with it and realized that the only keys that work are the ones lit up, you can press all the other keys all you want and they won't make a sound...ok, so she's normal. Hey, but normal is good! :)

This week is fairly routine with school and physical therapy. Thursday we are getting evaluated by a speech therapist. Please keep praying for wisdom on how to help Mia learn to produce sounds, I so know that she can if the Lord is willing. Help us to be patient.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Lisa, I love this story. I want you to know that even though I'm not commenting much anymore, I'm definitely still praying!