Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...

Things have been low key at our home these days because both Mia and I have been under the weather, we just have a slight cold that doesn't seem to want to go away. And I'm sure part of it is allergies too! I think Mia is completely on the mend as of today, maybe tomorrow for me??? I hope. As a result, we played hooky from school today, it was kind of nice because it seems like we are always on the go, sometimes we just need a breather. I think that's why God tells us to take that one day of rest.

It looks like tomorrow Mia will get her glasses! Yippee Skippy!! As Daddy would say...this is assuming they got them done and overnighted them back in time, we will see, but I am hoping that tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow I am also taking Mia in to get a flu shot. So pray that everything goes smoothly there and there are no adverse reactions.

Speech therapy, what a long drawn out process, but I am getting smarter! So, I had heard really good things about a place in town that does speech therapy and wanted to see about getting Mia evaluated there. I called and the gal told me, "I just want you to know that we aren't an "in-network" provider, so you might have to pay more to see us." My heart dropped, bummer. Because we've experienced not using an in-network provider and have decided to never do it unless we have to. So, I got on the phone and called our insurance and asked them who is a speech therapist we can go to??? They tell me to go online and look myself, are you kidding me??? Ok, so I amuse myself and do this, and search within a 50 mile radius of our zip code and guess what, there are no in-network providers! Well, that's exciting to me because that means we can go to an out-of-network provider and they treat them like an in-network provider. At least that's what they told me. Well, I call insurance again, just to make sure that I haven't missed something because I want to be absolutely certain. Yup, there are none in Bakersfield, the closest one is in Visalia. So, now we have to file some paperwork and we have to do this every 90 days that we continue therapy. Bureaucracy. And then she tells me, "oh, and even though we don't have an in-network provider, you will get charged less than using an out-of-network, but you still could get charged some." So, we'll see what happens after our first statement shows up, but if she needs it, then we are going to do it. So, next week Thursday we get evaluated and then we'll go from there. Pray that the therapist would have insight and wisdom into Mia's situation.

I have a cute video of Mia eating her favorite "grilled cheese balls" and as soon as Brad shows me how to put it on here we'll get that done!

Thanks for continuing to pray! God is great all the time!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping your blog up to date. I check it several times a week and love seeing Mia's smiling face each time the page loads.

Jarrett