Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I love all the alphabet suggestions, thank you! Whoever knew there were so many pre-made letters out there. I have to say, the Alpha-Bits cereal are still a huge success, she tends to eat a lot more with them and loves finding matching letters. So, I will have to find some more and do some letter things here for her.

Mia got weighed today and she is 21 pounds 3 ounces, so still the same, but I'm really hoping for a change this coming week in the positive direction.

Mia's physical therapist thinks she is really close to walking, but just not quite there. Today she actually wanted to push her shopping cart all around the kitchen, which she usually isn't interested in touching at all. I do see her making progress with her left leg, but I'm not so certain we are "really" close to walking, but I think we are getting there.

Mia has also been "talking" quite a bit more. She can say each of the sounds of her name separately, so we are working on blending those together, it would be awesome if she could say her name. She's also taken a huge interest in learning more signs and is getting a little better at some of them, so we are still encouraging her in that area because it is a form of communication. I like that her new speech therapist has taken a balanced approach to that and works on both signs and sounds with her.

No comments: