Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Yesterday I finally heard back about Mia's renal (kidney) ultrasound. The great news is that her kidneys are no longer dilated, everything looks completely normal. So now we no longer need to see the nephrologist...it is so nice to cross doctors off the list. :)

Mia weighed in at 22 pounds, she is getting over a cold and hasn't been eating very well. It's no fun having a cold, especially in the summer.

Today I had a check-up for Brother, everything is going well. August still seems so far away, but I know it will be here before we know it. I'm leaning towards having a normal vaginal birth after having Mia via c-section. Every time I go though, my doctor continues to remind me of the rate of complications with that, which could result in death of the baby, and then I get scared and have to rethink everything over again. Will you pray for wisdom on our part as for what is best for Brother?

4 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

Yea, Mia!! Glad your pregnancy is going well. VBACs are becoming more and more commonplace and it's a shame your doctor isn't more supportive of your decision. Play it by ear and once the time comes, you'll know.

Sandy said...

Yay for Mia! We are so happy for her good news! We wanted to have a VBAC too & our dr told us all the risks too. We decided to schedule the csection & if Gods will I'd go into labor naturally because my dr wouln't induce. He thought the risk of a rupture was greater when induced. We will be praying for you all in making the right decision!

Samantha said...

Hey Lisa, I just found out I am pregnant and I too had a c-section with Benjamin and my doctor thinks i should be able to try for a vbac this time. At this point I am going to try but, who knows what will happen in the end. - Sam Purdy

Anonymous said...

We will keep praying for you all.So Happy to hear things are going well..
Auntie Dar

There was an error in this gadget