Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First Day of New School!

Yesterday was Mia's first day at her new school. It went great. We walked in and she immediately was down on the rug with the ABC's crawling around on it. The letter H was under a chair, so she crawled under the chair to get to it and got stuck. She was then off to check out the book corner of the room. Needless to say, when I told her goodbye, she didn't even look at me, just said "ya" to acknowledge she heard me because she was busy working on a puzzle.

I still didn't get to meet her teacher because she was out again, but she should be back tomorrow. I did meet her aides and I expressed some of my concerns with them as they aren't familiar with all of Mia's nuances yet. I'm sure we will communicate much more in the next few weeks as things continue to come up.

The really hard part for me is not knowing what happened at school as she doesn't tell me and I don't get a complete run down from the aides. Such is life. :)

We also saw Mia's GI doctor yesterday and he was very impressed with her weight gain over the past few months. We drew her blood today to see if her iron and other levels had improved since this summer. We should hear back in a couple of weeks. He is really encouraging us to start potty training Mia now and so I think our goal is to start by the new year. We hope that Mia's bowel movements will become more normal by then, please be praying about that.

Calvin weighed in at 11 pounds 2 ounces today. He keeps on growing like a weed, I love it. Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Megan Harmeyer said...

YAY MIA!! Sounds like she'll flourish at this new school. YAY MIA!