Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Ups and Downs

Mia has been struggling with some eating issues recently. She's started to throw up at meals again and we're not sure why. We saw her GI doctor today and we're going to lower her miralax dose while upping some natural laxative foods. It's something I've wanted to try for awhile anyway, so I'm ready to see what happens this month. We are also going to be doing more cream in her pediasure and hoping this will help boost her calories. He's concerned because she isn't gaining weight. It's just so hard with her, sometimes she'll be doing well and sometimes she won't. And he told me she should be getting close to 1400 calories a day. We are lucky if we get to 1000-1200 calories a day. It just seems like such a huge hurdle right now. So, please pray for us. When I get overwhelmed like this, I just look over our blog for the past 3, almost 4 years and it's so evident to me how God has carried us through every day and it helps me to regain focus on who's in control and to put my trust in His plan for Mia. But, we can still use all the extra prayers too!

No comments: