Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ups and Downs

Last Friday Mia had three seizures.  Up until then, she had been having 1 a day for the most part.  So, I emailed her neurologist and he said that if things didn't change by our appointment next week Thursday, he was going to have to rethink his entire strategy for her seizures.  After that, we suddenly had a long stretch without seizures.  I began to think, hey, maybe this is it and the medicine has finally taken full effect in her body.  But then, yesterday afternoon she had a seizure and today we have had two. 

It is just such a battle.  I have so many questions swirling in my head.  And it is somewhat of a guessing game towards figuring out what medicine is going to help.  And unfortunately, I've read too much information on the internet and in the back of my mind, I wonder...what if nothing helps? 

When I start to feel that way, I stop, take a deep breath, and then give it to God.  It doesn't matter what science or the world says.  If God says yes, then God says yes.  And I have to continue to trust.  He's provided so many miracles for her already.  I'm so glad I'm on His side. 

Satan tries to defeat us.  He will use every tactic to discourage us and bring us down.  And God never promised that life on earth would be easy.  But God does promise to never leave us. Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I'm going to cling to the truth and continue to give everything to God and wait for his timing.  Thank you Lord for our precious daughter, for loving her more than we could ever love her and for providing abundantly for her.

Thank you for praying!!!

1 comment:

Christine Deeths said...

Lisa, So sorry to hear that Mia is still struggling...we continue to pray for her. She holds a special place in my heart and Becca's too!