Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And the cake...

This year Mia wanted a Komodo cake.  Komodo is a character from the cartoon Animal Mechanicals.  He is a mechanical dragon.  She loves that show because there are 5 characters and she has named each one of her family members after them.  She, of course, is Komodo.  I am Unicorn, Daddy is Rex, Calvin is Sasquatch and Asher is Mouse. 

Usually when one of them gets an idea for a cake, I immediately pinterest it to get creative "easy" ideas.  I am not the Cake Boss.  But, I do have a lot of fun creating the best possible cake I can do for them.  And they are super easy to please, so that makes my job easier.  When I searched for Komodo cakes, there were none.  That made my job a bit more difficult.  Here are the characters from the show, Komodo is the red one:






Now, there was no way that I was going to make a full size Komodo.  After thinking about it for awhile, I thought that maybe I could recreate the head of Komodo.  What sealed the deal was when I was shopping at Hobby Lobby and I found a mold to make eyeglasses from those candy melts, I immediately thought that would be perfect on this cake.  And I made a bunch more for the kids for their party favors.  Here is what our cake looked like:





The kids had fun, we played lots of pumpkin games...pumpkin bowling, pumpkin races...and they got to make candy apples.  It was a fun party!










No comments: