Tuesday, February 12, 2008

4 Months Today!

Mia is now 4 months old! Praise God! She did really well with her shots this morning at the pediatrician's office...she'll be a bit sore for the rest of the day, but she appears to be tolerating them well so far! She also got weighed today and she is now 9 pounds 9 ounces! She'll be at 10 pounds before too long. Which is why I am so hopeful that at our next visit with the intestinal doctors...next week Tuesday...that they'll schedule a day for her next intestinal surgery (where they create the anal opening). So pray that the scheduling would happen and that they are satisfied with her growth.

I am reminded with Galen's email of how precious life is and how our stay on earth is so temporary. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed with everything going on and don't like to carry all 9 pounds 9 ounces of Mia around, but today his email reminded me that life is short here and that 2 things are what matter...where we are going to spend eternity...and people. And then it isn't so hard to carry all of Mia around, in fact, it's a blessing to be able to do it. And then I think about other people in my life as Valentine's Day approaches and I think what a great day (although any day in the year would work) to tell those people in my life who are so important how much I love them and am thankful for them. So my prayer for you is that you would find the time to do the same with those that are around you and mean so much to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled to see Mia is gaining weight so well now! Happy four months. Wishing you strength, rest, and joy.

-Stacy and Jonathan, mom and dad to Levi

craig said...

hey brad and lisa. thank you for the picture of mia. i have the picture on my fridge. my prayers are with you. craig sadowsky