Friday, April 18, 2008

A Baby Scale

I think a baby scale is the best invention ever for moms who are concerned about weight gain. I don't know what took us so long to get one in the first place...needless to say, I bought one and it arrived Tuesday (the same day she got weighed at the pediatrician's office)...so I weighed her also just to see how accurate it was going to be...and it was pretty close! So I promised Brad I wouldn't go overboard and weigh her every day/moment because I know that baby weight fluctuates and scales are not exact, but I decided to start weighing her twice a week just to see what was happening...and today was the day! I was very excited because she's been eating so well and seems to tolerate the 24 cal feedings just fine...so I plopped her on the scale this morning and she's 11 pounds 9 ounces! Woohoo!!! She's gaining weight. Now I know that it could be + or - an ounce or so, but I was just very encouraged that she's on the positive trend...that's what we want.

Today is also her last day of antibiotics, so pray that her infection is gone and that she continues to feed well. We are planning on getting blood work/urine test done on Monday, so pray that it will all be normal. And pray that she stays healthy before her next surgery...which is in 13 days!

No comments: