Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sweet Baby Girl,

Daddy and I are so proud of you! We know how much you wanted to get rid of your ventilator today and we are so sorry that it hasn't happened yet. But the doctors want to be safe and sure and so they are waiting until tomorrow...maybe. They told us that you are doing really well breathing over the machine, but the CO2 in your blood is a little on the high side and you may have an infection starting in your lungs, so they are watching those things before they take the breathing tube out. Daddy and I are praying that you don't have an infection and that they will take the tube out tomorrow, but we are also being patient.

Your nurse today was so nice! She let us hold you all day long, which daddy and I really loved. Your doctor also really liked how you were opening your eyes and kicking your legs and right arm. We just keep praying and so far you keep showing everyone what a fighter you are. You haven't had anymore seizures in awhile and they have changed you to a different long term seizure medicine that is better for you. They are going to watch you tonight to make sure it is working and then they might take those electrodes off your cute head. That would be really nice!

Your central line is also working really well and that was a relief to daddy and I because we don't want them to poke you anymore than you need. Sweet baby girl, we love you so much and continue to thank God for everything He is doing in your little life. We can't wait to get you home!

All our love forever,
Mommy and Daddy

5 comments:

Lindsay Jordan said...

You guys are incredible!!! Keep relying on the Lord for your strength. It is so clear that Mia and y'all already have such an incredible witness. I'm thankful that her central line is working and her seizure have stopped. We'll keep praying for her and y'all! I haven't cried this hard in a long time. I'm a good friend of Rachel's in Portland.

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Mia Jacob,

Mommy says you have an owee . . . and, I told her that I had an Elmo bandaid on it and that I would even give you my favorite Grover bandaid 'cause they always make me feel better . . . Mommy showed me your cool head things . . . I asked Mommy if they made your head light up like the way the wires make my cool garbage truck light up 'cause that would be really awesome. Mommy said she didn't think so. Maybe you could ask the nurse or something to make them do that. I'm telling you it is way cool! Okay, hope you feel all better soon.

Hugs and Kisses,

Jonah

P.S. Mommy reads me my Cars and Trucks and Things that Go ALL the time. Maybe Goldbug is in your hospital. If you see him, tell him I said "hi".

Anonymous said...

Brad & Lisa,
We admire all your strength. Your Faith is so important right now - glad it is keeping you strong. I know everyone at BAS is thinking of you, not just staff, but students as well. I see you have a vast support group and that is great. If you need anything done here in town, just let us know - we will do what we can.
Wishing you the best (and some rest) and that we will see God's plan as he needs us to.
Mike & Misty Robison

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Just wanted you to know that we're still praying for you all and for Mia all the time. I'm thankful for yesterday's answers to prayer for the seizures, for the central line working well.

Love always,
Aunt Liza, Uncle Allan, Marie, Jennifer and Alvydas

Anonymous said...

Brad and Lisa,
It was so wonderful to have you join us at the Ishii's small group last night. I don't know if we'll ever meet again, but know that we are prayer partners in your journey.

Victoria and Rustin