Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sweetheart


Sweetheart,

You have got to be the cutest baby ever and no, we are not biased...but Daddy and I love you very very very much. You had a good day today and we are thankful. We got there in the morning to see you and couldn't go in because another child was being worked on, so daddy and I talked to your nurse and she said you were sleeping and so we waited outside until we could go in. We just wanted to see you and hold your hand and tell you how much we loved you. When we got to go in they told us you were going to "sprint". They were going to put the ventilator on back-up and see how you did breathing on your own for an hour. You did great! We were so excited...that meant you were one step closer to not having a breathing tube. I asked the nurse when I could hold you and she said in a bit, so I waited patiently...first she wanted to give you some blood because some of your blood counts were low...and then she wanted to wait until you "sprinted" again...which you did great the second time also! So I continued to wait patiently...and she kept promising me I would get to hold you...and then she wanted to go to dinner and after she came back and assessed you again, she finally let me hold you at 6:30!! I was a little bit upset because I love holding you and wanted to hold you longer than 30 minutes, but I will take whatever time they give me. When they put you in my arms you opened your eyes and looked at me for a little while. Daddy and I were so excited...we don't know if you understand who we are, but we feel like when we hold you everything is better...you calm down and relax and it is like you know who we are, so we hold on to that hope. And we continue to pray that God will restore you if it is His will. Nothing will ever change how much we love you!

During the afternoon another mom who has a baby in the PICU came and talked to us. Her baby also has a damaged brain, but it is more serious than yours. She is a strong christian and wanted to give us a book to encourage us. She is such a neat lady and it seems like God has placed her there to help us and other families in the PICU. So daddy and I are praying for her baby also...Eme.

After the shift change, your night nurse let daddy hold you also for another 45 minutes. You relaxed in daddy's arms and were sleeping so peacefully when he finally set you down. We love you sweetheart and even though it was hard to leave you, we know we'll get to see you in the morning and that makes us so happy!

Love, Mommy and Daddy

.....

Please pray for Mia's central line...it wasn't working the other day and then it was working and tonight it was barely working...it's the only line they have in her and she's so hard to get an IV and we don't like to see her poked, so pray that it would start to work well again! Thank you so much for praying for our little girl!!!! And thank you for all the notes of encouragement, they mean so much to us.

Oh...we also found out this morning that she hasn't had any seizures in the last 24 hours, so that means the medicine is working...they are switching one of her drugs so they'll continue to monitor her until they are sure she is at the appropriate level to control the seizures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She knows you...and you bring her comfort. You're her mommy and daddy! We love you all!