Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today we saw the nephrologist...not to be confused with the neurologist...Mis sees a nephrologist because she was born with a kidney stone. When she was a baby they said that was common and that usually they dissolve on their own, but hers has stuck with her, so that's why we see a nephrologist. The good thing is we were able to see her in Bakersfield because just like the neurologist, they come here once a month to see patients. Anyway, she remembers Mia from the ICU and she thought she looked great. They don't want to do anything just yet concerning her kidney stone, they are just going to watch it for any changes. So in November they want us to do another renal ultrasound to see what the kidney stone looks like then. So that was a nice easy visit!

Mia also got weighed today and she is now 14 pounds 5 ounces. Slowly but surely we are getting there. She's really taken to eating two meals a day of solids, which is great...tonight she had a bunch of beans mixed with rice cereal and formula and she thought it was just fine, so that was great because up until now she hasn't liked beans one bit. And one of these days she'll sleep through the night...although I would say last night was pretty much it because we fed her at 10 and she didn't get up until 6ish. But it's never a consistent thing...we'll be really excited when it is consistent. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI! I always have trouble signing in so I don't comment as much as I'd like. But I figured out that I can do it anonymously, GO ME! I really am computer DEE DEE DEE!!! But anyway, Mia is so stinkin cute! I am so excited with each update. It is cool that you go into so many details. As far as her feeding goes, she reminds me of one of my daycare kids. She is 13 months old and weighs 17 lbs. She is 100% healthy, but is also 100% Snothead. We have renamed her Duchess because she really thinks she is royal. She is a terrible eater. She uses sign language and will beg for food. As soon as she is in the chair she is frantic with hunger. But if I dare (and I do) and try to get a green veggie through her snarled lips, I will pay the price. Do you know those suits the people wear when they go see Gallager? Yeah it is a messy job, but it is ALL MINE! I like to trick her into eating. It has become a sick game for me I guess. I will put a 1/2 jar of 2 foods in one bowl, side by side. One is good and the other is bad. I will bounce between both, MUAHAHA! I also mix it up on her too. Applesause is a good camo food. I mix it with all of the veggies, sweet taters is another good one.

I am so grateful for the blog, thanks bunches. I love you guys and miss you too.

Love Summer