Monday, September 01, 2008

Humbled

Last night I was "surfing" the internet and decided to type in Mia Sturm and see what I got. There were a few things about our very own Mia Sturm and then I saw a link to another Mia Sturm and so I decided to check it out. She's 4 months old and lives in California also, which I thought was so neat, another Mia Sturm! It's such a good name. Anyway, I left a note on the parents' blog and was so humbled by their response. They don't even know our baby girl, aside from reading our blog now and they are going to pray for her. I know that is how the body of believers is supposed to work, but I'm constantly humbled when it happens over and over again for our daughter. There are so many of you who faithfully read our blog and pray for our daughter and you've never met us before, but you've heard about us from someone else. Again, it is so humbling and awesome all at the same time. We are so grateful for that...I know I say it alot, but thank you for praying.

We were at church on Sunday and talking with one of our former pastors and he said, "quite a journey y'all have been on" and Brad replied, "just glad we're not driving." And that is so true, we are so thankful that God is in control and that He continues to say yes to healing our daughter. People ask us, "how do you do it?" and we don't really think about that, when you have a child with special needs (we are by far not alone in this), you just do it and what gets us through each day is knowing that we're not in control and that God will give us the strength each day to do it. What an awesome God!

No comments: