Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Long Night

Last night we ended up taking Mia to the ER via ambulance. She wasn't feeling well yesterday, as I mentioned in the blog I wrote last night...she had a slight fever and didn't nap well on our trip to LA, so I put her to bed around 6:45. Then I came and wrote our blog. Around 8pm I decided to go in and check on her since I had given her tylenol around 3pm and wanted to make sure her temperature was still ok. When I went into her room I noticed that she was having a hard time breathing and I thought she just had stuff in her nose (because that's how she was for Brad the night before), but when I picked up I noticed that she was shaking all over and having a real hard time breathing and there was some stuff coming out of her mouth (kind of foam like)...which immediately made me think she was having a mild seizure. So I got Brad and he called 911 from our land line (which we purposefully got for this exact reason) and they said just to keep her calm until they got there...there response time was great, 5 minutes and by the time they got there her breathing had started to return to normal. And her color had come back, she was super pale white (I know she's really white, but she had no color when I found her). So she seemed to have come out of whatever it was and they asked us what we wanted to do and we said we wanted to take her in to get checked out just to be on the safe side, so they put her in her carseat and strapped that to the gurney and into the ambulance we went to the hospital. The lights were on bright and she was enjoying looking at them as we went there...beings a new experience and all. Anyway, they checked her in and got her vitals, her heart rate was at 180, which is really high for our little munchkin and her blood oxygen sats were around 89, which is on the lower side for our little girl (she's usually 94-100). They got her temperature and it was only 100.8, so that was good. The doctor decided to take some chest x-rays because of her heart condition and she also wanted blood work and a urine sample (both not pleasant things for Mia). Needless to say, it wasn't a fun night for her and the results came back and it looks like she might have a slight respiratory infection (or it could be scarring from her operation, they are not sure at this point) and her urine sample wasn't clean, but it wasn't a full blown UTI. They weren't able to get enough blood to run some of their tests, but the blood they did get to run cultures on wouldn't be back for another 24 hours or so, so they said to be safe they were going to give her an antibiotic shot and then put her on antibiotics for the week and we'll follow-up with our regular doctor in a day or so and know more about the blood cultures then. We got home early this morning and put her to bed, around 4am I checked on her to make sure she was ok, and she was and then this morning she got woken up for her medicine and more tylenol and she's been sleeping since. So pray for our little girl, it's no fun being sick.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the 3 of you had a rough night. Hope Mia is doing better today with antibiotics. Dear God, please touch sweet little Mia and heal her. Let the antibiotics work on whatever infection, whatever is going on in her body. In Jesus Name. Lily

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the long night, but I'm glad it wasn't more serious. We are praying for you all!

Love,
Tim, Rachel and cousin Joy

Unknown said...

Oh goodness you guys - not fun. Also glad it's not more serious. You're in our prayers.
Andy, Jaime & Tyler

9ndhouse- Katie said...

So sorry to read about your bad night. Thank goodness the Lord sent you in there! May God bless your family, keep you safe and heal sweet baby Mia. Hugs and prayers your way!! Katie

Mommy Diffee said...

I am sorry Lisa =( I cannot even imagine what all of you guys are going through. Just know Mia's trials are bring faith to many others!

CrystalStrickler said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all three of you! I hope that you are able to get some rest. Also I pray that the antibiotics will work and that all her lab results will come back normal. Take care and give Mia a big *HUG* from Chicago!
-Crystal, Carl, and Gwendolyn

Jarrett, Dorothy & Kids said...

I do not check the blog as often as I should, but something told me to take a look tonight. I am glad that everything worked out last night. God is in control and he has great plans for all three of you. I hope today was a better day and that you all got some much needed rest. You and Brad are an amazing couple, and an example/inspiration for all of us.

Jarrett

Nikki said...

How scary, we're praying!

Anonymous said...

Love you guys so much! Praying for little Mia. I am looking forward to seeing you in just a month!

Chrystal Sturm said...

How awesome is God to bring you to Mia at that moment?! Gracious, good God. Thank you God for your sheild of protection around your perfectly carved daughter and for the peace offer her precious parents. So rad.