Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mia got weighed today and she's now 14 pounds 12 ounces. I look at the clothes she fits into now and remember how when she was in the hospital the premee clothes were too big for her, she's definitely grown...at her own pace, but she's getting there.

So we are no longer sleeping through the night. :( She's back to feeding once a night again because she refuses to eat more during the day. I don't know if any of you struggled with this with your babies, but it has got to be the hardest thing I deal with every day. I've even tried giving her more solids, which she likes, but it still isn't enough to make it through the night. We have an appt with her pediatrician right after her first bday so I'll ask her what her thoughts are...right now though, she's gaining that weight by the grace of God so we are thankful for that.

Mia loves Elmo. This is a very new thing, her Nana had got this toy cell phone that says "Elmo's World" and "Thanks for Calling", etc. when you play with it. One day I was cleaning bottles in the kitchen and decided to let her watch a bit of Sesame Street because she'll roll on her tummy and it's good strengthening for her arms and Elmo came on the TV...she got so excited and was mesmerized. Later, I realized when we were reading a book of hers it had Elmo in it and when she saw him she started to grin...it's so funny how they can pick up on things so easily. She'll probably get Elmo on her first bday cake.

Tonight we are going to the fair with Mia, so we'll post some pictures tomorrow on that new experience!

3 comments:

Mommy Diffee said...

I changed my blog address http://thediffeefam.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

aw, that's cute! One of mine loved Elmo too, I can't remember which one though. LOL

Leah slept through the night and then stop sleeping through the night when she was about 6 months old. She didn't start sleeping through again until she was abuot 15/16 months old. It was very hard, I'll be praying for y'all about that.

I can't wait to see the pictures from the fair!

Elyce said...

Yeah, I don't know what it is with Elmo and kids. I can sometimes only barely understand what he is saying, but my little ones seem to totally get him... Lily was still waking up once during the night to nurse at 9 months, and her pediatrician told me nightwaking at that age was just a habit, and a comfort issue, and that she would be fine without it. So one night I bit the bullet, tanked her up full to the brim when we nursed right before bed, and then when she woke up at 4am as usual, I just loved on her and told her I'd see her in the morning. She cried for ten minutes and went back to sleep, never to wake in the night again! I got lucky. But things might be different for Mia since she is trying so hard to gain weight. I'll be interested to see what the ped says.
:) Elyce