Monday, August 17, 2009

Eye appointment Results

So Nana and Mommy and Mia went to Children's Hospital Los Angeles for another Mia eye exam. They said she has a slight astigmatism and that she uses her right eye more than her left, this is because her right eye needs less correction than the left. Both eyes are nearsighted and so they are recommending glasses. They think this will help train the left eye to be used more since it will see clearly. Right now we are trying to figure out where to get glasses for Mia, we were given some LA recommendations, but would prefer to find something locally, pray that she would adjust to wearing glasses!!

PS. Here is Mia giggling very cute in the car for Mommy!

4 comments:

CrystalStrickler said...

Greetings from Chicago! :) I am so glad to see Mia doing so well! I saw your comment about glasses and being an optometrist I couldn't resist to respond! :P Before I went to optometry school I shadowed a Dr. in Bakersfield who specializes in pediatrics and also brain injury patients. Her name is Dr. Penelope Suter and she has a huge selection of glasses for kids. She also may be great for continued care so you don't have to do long distance driving to LA for eye exams. She is super friendly and has done a lot of research. Her website is below:
http://www.optometrists.org/vision/vision_links.html

Have fun picking out cute glasses out :) If you happen to see Dr. Suter, please tell her that Crystal says hello! :)

Eliza said...

Well, I was going to suggest Stockdale Optical because that's where I got my glasses when I was 3, but Crystal has a much better knowledge. Go with hers!

Brad and Lisa said...

Wow, Crystal thank you! What an answer to prayer even before we ask! Thank you God and thank you Crystal! That was amazing. I am convinced, there are no accidents in the Christian life, and God works everything together for good for those who love him.

CrystalStrickler said...

No problem! :) As far as Stockdale Optical goes, they are great too for glasses. Both my brother and I got our glasses there off and on throughout life :) Thanks for reminding me about them Eliza! :) Hope you have a great day! :)