Sunday, August 23, 2009

I <3 My Daddy


Dearest Daddy,

I love you so much! I know that you and Mommy don't normally write blogs about yourself, that's why I'm writing this one. Sometimes it isn't all about me, although it usually is...sometimes it's about you or Mommy or both of you. This time it's about you. I just wanted to share with everyone what great thing you are doing this week in Oakland.

My Daddy is going to be a bone marrow donor! Isn't that awesome! This will be the second time he's done it, the first time was 3 years ago (Mommy told me about it since I was just a twinkle in their eye at that time...) I'm really proud of my Daddy and can't wait to get big and strong so I can maybe be a donor someday. You see, years ago, there was a little girl in our town who had Leukemia and Daddy got tested to see if he was a match, he wasn't, but they put his name and information on the registry. 3 years ago they called him and now just this summer they called again. This time the only thing we know is that he is donating for someone who also has Leukemia. He told me it's real easy to get on the donor registry, anyone can do it, it doesn't hurt a bit. They send you a packet and you swab the inside of your mouth and send it back, that's it! I could even do that, probably without crying. So, I think it would be great if everyone that was able signed up and got on the list, wouldn't that be such a cool way to help someone in need!

They are going to put my Daddy out on Thursday, but I told him that he can be brave just like I am brave every time it happens to me, if I can do it anyone can! And then they'll draw some bone marrow out of his hip. He might be sore for a few days, but that's it and then he's done!

So, like I said, I think everyone should join the registry, here's the link!

Will you pray for my Daddy? Will you pray that God keeps him safe and that his bone marrow will save this person's life. Will you pray for this person also, that they would be healed with Daddy's bone marrow, but more importantly, that they would know Jesus too.

Now I have to tuck it in, I have a big day of school tomorrow...first day of school, first day of school! I'm so excited, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for always praying for me too, God is sooooooo good!

I love you Daddy,
Mia

2 comments:

Mommy Diffee said...

What a cute post =) And I think that is amazing that daddy does that!

GinaE said...

I am praying for your Daddy, Mia. And School! How exciting is that!!

GinaE