Sunday, November 22, 2009


Mia is doing great, thank you for praying! It's getting closer to surgery day and I have to continually remind myself that God commands us to not be anxious about anything. And I know that, but by nature, these worrying thoughts keep creeping back. Yet, I keep reminding myself of these truths...I trust God completely, I know He is in control, and I know He loves my daughter more than I do, I trust Him completely. And I can't help but look at everything Mia has been through and the hand of God is so evident to me, that is a great reminder in itself.

So, here are some things to be praying for.

1. Health, that's a biggie because there seems to be so much going around these days, I keep hearing about more and more people getting sick, so continue to pray for Mia's health prior to surgery.

2. The doctors and surgery team, pray that they would be energized and rested on Wednesday, that God would grant them skill and success in her surgery.

3. Tuesday, the day before surgery, I have to give Mia some medicine (Oral Fleet, what you take before a colonoscopy...), and I have no clue how she's going to react, how her body will handle it. She also is going to be on a clear liquid diet after that until after her surgery on Wednesday, so I'm not sure how she will tolerate that either, pray for a smooth Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

As always, thanks for praying for our little pumpkin!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa

You might see if you can use Miralax instead, it is tasteless and works really well. They used it for Becca when she had her colonoscopy and it was alot easier since it did not have a taste. You could ask the surgeon if it is OK.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just wanted to leave a note saying how much we love Mia's new big girl look. We love the piggies!

Summer and Hillary

Anonymous said...

Mia's pigtails are adorable. Too bad Madeline won't let me comb her hair anymore :( . We will be praying for Mia and of course you both especially these next few days. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sally Sturm

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Family,We are praying for you. Mia looks so cute. We know she will be just fine. Give her hugs and kisses.
Love
Aunt Dar and Uncle Arn

Anonymous said...

We know how God has answered our prayers so far and trust that he will answer these also. We pray for health for all of you and guidance for all involved on Wednesday. We hope you will be on the way home soon. Seeing you decorate and the manger is special.
All our love and prayers.
Jack and Joyce