Friday, August 13, 2010

Yesterday we got Mia fitted for orthotics. They are called SMO's and she'll initially just wear them at therapy and at home when we are working on certain exercises. And then we'll see how she does, if they are beneficial and we need to wear them for longer periods of time. I think it's a good, safe, conservative plan for getting feet sorted out. Just like her helmet, they are made of plastic and you get to pick out the design on the plastic. We went for farm animals, she liked the sheep on there. :)

Last night I went to a class on breastfeeding. Because Mia was born with so many problems and couldn't eat right away, I had to pump and store milk for her. Those first few weeks were super stressful and I had some knowledge, but had received lots of different opinions on how to pump and how long, etc. Needless to say, I didn't produce much milk and by the grace of God, my best friend was able to supplement my low supply with her awesome supply so that Mia could get breast milk for a good period of time in those beginning months. So my hearts desire is to breastfeed and I just have this huge fear that I am going to fail again, especially if I have a c-section, but this class really helped to put me at ease and encouraged me that if I do have another c-section it's going to be ok.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Lisa~

low supply is not failure...a positive note, you usually produce more when breastfeeding than pumping only. Good luck!
Cory