Friday, January 14, 2011

At A Loss

So, Mia weighed in today at 23 1/2 pounds. I was so surprised because she's been eating so well lately, I was sure she'd at least be the same at a minimum, not a 1/2 pound lighter. The only thing I can think of is that we've stopped adding cream to her milk, we did it because we noticed that her stools were better without the cream. So, now what? I don't want to go back to adding cream because it has helped her to have less bowel movements, but I want her to gain weight. I'm at a loss. I don't know where to go from here. I guess it's time to make an appointment to see a nutritionist who can help me with a specific diet plan for her.

3 comments:

gloriann Kramer said...

Lisa, The problem may be that cream is very high fat and she is having a problem with digesting fat. Fat usually makes the stool softer in some people. I know at one time you used corn oil as a source of calories. It is easlier for the body to digest (what we RD's call mid-chain fat). I would go back to that as well as trying more corn oil margarine on bread, rice and potatoes. You can also use liquid coffee creamers to add calories and they are usually mainly non-dairy. Check the stores to see if there is some dairy creamers in California.
Keep in mind that she is holding her own. She is doing great.
Have a great weekend.
Gloriann and Mike

GinaE said...

Try coconut milk

GinaE said...

try coconut milk. It's our new addition for lactose intolerance, milk allergy, vegetable fat replacing animal fat.