Friday, September 16, 2011

Growing Up

My babies are growing up. I look at Mia and can't believe she is almost 4! She is loving school and has adjusted so well to her new class. Today she got her chicken pox immunization...we just kept putting it off and finally decided it was time, she was such a big girl about it. We have a book about Curious George going to the doctor and getting a shot, so we talked about that and she did great, no tears at all.

Calvin is also growing up. For the past couple of days he hasn't wanted to nurse at all. I really thought that I would be happy when this day came, but I can honestly say I am sad. I wasn't ready for it to end so abruptly. I keep thinking that maybe this will pass, but when I offer him a chance to nurse, he completely refuses it....so I guess it's time to wean.

On a different note, yesterday, or the day before, (the days tend to run together ;)), Calvin said Mama for the first time. It doesn't matter that he was crying in his crib and it was more of a "mamamamamamamamama", it was totally endearing still.

1 comment:

Megan Harmeyer said...

Nope...it doesn't matter if he was throwing a fit - he wanted you and he made it known! Sorry he's decided to wean himself; that was always a hard time. Mia was such a big girl!! YAY!