Friday, May 18, 2012

Back to School Night

Yesterday was Back to School Night at Mia's school.  The whole family got to visit her classroom.  I've seen it quite a few times, but it was nice for Daddy to get a chance to visit because he doesn't get to be there as much as me.  Mia had made a hand print book for us, so adorable.  It had poems to go through the different seasons of the year, there was a turkey for Thanksgiving, a Santa for Christmas, a Leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day...just too cute.  Her class has also been doing the Hungry Caterpillar and they had one of those grow your own Butterfly Gardens, so that was really fun to see.  We've just been so grateful for this school year, it's been such a nice one for Mia on so many different levels.  I used to be a teacher, and I knew my job was important, but now I have such a deeper appreciation and understanding of how important that job is and what it means when parents entrust their children with these people.  We are just grateful that Mia has had so many wonderful teachers over the past couple of years.  It isn't said enough, thank you Teachers for what you do!!!!

No comments: