Saturday, December 29, 2012

Almost 2013

We had a great Christmas this year.  We spent most of it with Brad's parents since my mom and brother flew to North Carolina to be with my other brother and his family.  And my other brother (yes, I have 3 of them) was off to Oregon for a fun vacation.  It's probably better this way since I came down with a nasty cold and have been trying to mend myself since.  It makes it especially hard because I refuse to take any meds that aren't absolutely necessary when pregnant, so it was me and some orange juice for awhile.  I still have a lingering cough, but I'm starting to see improvement there also.  Maybe by 2013...

The kids really enjoyed decorating the tree with ornaments.  At first they covered the entire tree, but by mid-December they had all been moved to the top of the tree because Calvin just couldn't help himself.  He ended up getting a bus ornament in his stocking and has since attached himself to it.  In fact, the other day we started putting things away and after I took down the ornaments and the stockings, Calvin said, "Oh no!  The ornaments and stockings are gone!"  Of course he still has his bus ornament, he refused to let me pack it up. 

Mia's favorite part of Christmas was opening her stocking at Nana and Grampapa's house.  In fact, she kept restuffing it with things to reopen because it had been so much fun.  She talks about it still.  Calvin liked that also because they sprinkled some M&M's in the stocking...so he kept looking for those so he could eat them. 

Their favorite gift so far has been Calvin's train set.  Nana and Grampapa got him a wooden train set, like the Thomas the Train ones, just not that brand.  They both love building tracks and making their trains go.  I love that it's creative and makes them think and doesn't require any batteries.  Mia also really liked a doctor kit that she got.  She asks if she can check everybody out and sometimes even makes sure that her animals are ok...of course I feel bad for her animals when they get four shots in a row!  Maybe she'll be a vet. 

And now we are busy trying to get the baby's room finished so I can rearrange everything, sort through the clothes and be ready for the new baby in late January, early February.  Really there is only 5 weeks left, that still seems like we have a little bit of time, but those 5 weeks will go quick.  A name, a name...if only we could settle on a name...hey Cousin Bob, you suggested Calvin's name...you got any other good ones for us to think about????

No comments: