Thursday, June 04, 2015

Back In The Swing Of Things?

For a long while I was updating our blog almost daily.  If it went more than two days I felt bad.  Then we added another child and I probably updated twice a week...well, with the addition of kid number three, I feel like I have almost fallen off the blog wagon.  I'm just a busy mom and when I do sit down for a break, writing on the blog is not my first choice.  But...I do love skimming back over the years and seeing the growth of all the kids.  This really has become my baby book for them.  And I started printing out a hard copy of the blog a few years ago, but never got around to finishing it.  I want to do that.  I want the kids to be able to read through it and get a little glimpse into their childhood.  Which makes me want to write more.  Ha, we'll see how long it lasts!

Yesterday was a bad day for seizures with Mia.  She had 4.  Our most significant number since we started getting them at the beginning of the year.  Immediately my brain starts to generate a list of what if's...what if this caused it, what if that...I guess it's just par for the course with a child with special needs. 

So, please continue to pray for Mia.  Pray that she adjusts quickly to the new medicine and that it fits her needs. 

Calvin is especially good with her.  If she is with him and having a seizure, he immediately comes and gets us.  She had one at the lunch table yesterday and we didn't hear her telling us that she felt like falling, but Calvin did and immediately shouted out to us, "Mia feels like falling."  We were able to quickly be beside her to make sure she didn't fall and be with her during the seizure.  He's a very compassionate brother and he loves his sister dearly. 

No comments: