Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brother

So I have been calling Peanut "Brother" for a little while now, especially to get Mia used to the idea of having a brother. So yesterday I had this brilliant plan to clean out Brother's closet and organize things a bit. There were some boxes with books and they didn't seem any heavier than Mia is, to me, so I moved them, along with some other stuff. Well my body didn't like it and when I woke up this morning I had lower back pain and lower abdominal cramping pain. I thought, oh no, maybe if I just rest it will go away. Well by early afternoon it was still there and I had done some reading on preterm labor, so I thought it would be best to go get it checked out. Brad took me to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors, Brother sounded great and the cramping pains didn't show up as contractions, thank you God! Brother is only 23 weeks, so he needs to bake awhile longer. They told me I needed to take it easy these next couple of days, almost like bed rest, but not completely, and I need to drink tons of water and I can't lift anything. Which makes it slightly difficult with a 2 1/2 year old who can't walk, but thankfully there is a Nana and a Grandma who can help me during the day when Brad is gone. Will you pray that the pain goes away and that it doesn't turn into anything more serious. Will you pray that Brother stays inside for quite awhile longer, thanks! And thanks for those who already knew earlier and were praying. Praise God it has been ok so far.

No comments: