Thursday, December 09, 2010

To Nap or Not To Nap

So Mia hasn't been napping well these past couple of days...I'm not sure if we are slowly getting ready to depart the nap stage...at least the 3 hour nap no longer exists...right now she'll nap for an hour, if I'm lucky two. I really really really loved the 3 hour nap, I'm kind of hoping it will come back, but we'll see. We are going to keep the nap as long as we can though.

Today I learned that Mia's teacher is being replaced because she is not "highly qualified". It made me angry and sad because she's been really great and I know that she's working on becoming "highly qualified". It made me think back to my teaching days and how just because a person has a credential, doesn't mean they're a great teacher. You have to have the heart to be a teacher...she has the heart and she's a great teacher. I pray that our new teacher will be great too, we'll see.

No comments: