Monday, June 06, 2011

Accidents Happen...

So, Friday turned into a bit of an eventful day for us. Thankfully everyone is fine. I was trying some different seating out for lunch time and put Mia in Calvin's booster chair on a different chair. She ended up falling face forward while still strapped into the chair and hit her chin/mouth fairly hard on the floor. She was bleeding pretty bad, but after I checked her out and got the bleeding under control, she looked ok. She had bit through her lip fairly deep and so I took her in to our pediatrician, just to be safe and get her checked out. Thank goodness she didn't lose any teeth or...the options are endless for what worse could have happened. I'm just so grateful it turned out as well as it did. So, I wasn't going to write about this, but I feel like it is important to share so you can check your own seats at home, what happens when your child is leaning all the way forward, is it top heavy and does it fall forward? I wouldn't want anyone else to have this happen to them.

No comments: