Friday, June 03, 2011

Change

Wednesday I had a meeting at Mia's school to talk about her placement for next year. I was expecting to hear that she'd be in their 4 year old program at the same school next year. They told me that they'd like to switch schools for her because she is doing so well academically and they want to focus on her speech. So, they would like to put her in an intensive speech program at a different school. It will still be a class that focus on mild to moderate delays also, but they work on speech more intensely at the same time. I don't know why change is so hard, I'm sure it will be great, I just wasn't expecting this, it took be my surprise. It will be hard enough that the four year old program runs from 11:30 - 3:00, which is right during nap time, but I'm sure we'll adjust.

Here's a picture of the munchkins, representing Roma...they are wearing the Italian shirts.

No comments: